At UFP we take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or in any other interaction with UFP, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect:
- We collect information about you when you register with and/or use the website. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and products which you have purchased, together with some other information about your personal interests or lifestyle. We will not ask for information which is excessive to our business requirements.
- Calls to UFP may be monitored or recorded.
- Information is also collected when you complete and submit written and online forms (such as registration forms or product surveys) and whenever you email us your details or take part in our promotions.
- We will not collect sensitive personal information about you without your explicit consent. o We use ‘cookies’ to collect additional information about your visit to the website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
This Website uses the following cookies:
Traffic log Cookies – To identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Information we use:
- We use the information collected to provide and personalise our services both on-line and off-line. This may include using your information for the purposes of administering product warranty services. It may also include dealing with your enquiries. We do not use any data for any purpose other than that for which it was submitted.
- Please note if you have agreed to the use of our Persistent Cookies, these will help us to recognise you when you return to the website and allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly. We may use third parties to assist in the monitoring and analysis of encrypted versions of your data.
- We will your information for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, this may include providing you with promotional offers and/or information about products and services. At the time that we collect your personal information, we will provide you with a specific opportunity to indicate whether you want to receive marketing/promotional offers. If at any time you would like to opt-out of receiving future marketing and promotional material from us, you can follow the opt-out link at the bottom of any promotional email.
- Occasionally, we will use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information you provide to customise the website according to your interests.
- We also use the information in our strategic analysis and our assessment of market trends, as well as our production and re-ordering levels. In particular, we use our Persistent Cookies to help us compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that enable us to understand how users use the website and to help us improve the structure of the Website. We cannot identify you personally this way.
- We also undertake marketing development which requires matching the data you provide us with profiling data from selected third parties, all information is consolidated and access to any individual data encrypted.
- UFP is a Pan-European group and it may therefore be necessary in relation to each of the various purposes outlined above for us to pass your information to other members of the UFP Group or to other third parties who provide assistance in the provision of our services to you. All information used this way will be encrypted and you will not be able to be identified personally.
Looking after your information
We take appropriate security measures in relation to the sensitivity of the information which we hold on you.
- We will not hold your information on our systems for any longer than is necessary for us to meet the purpose of holding that information.
- Where you have made us aware that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or not up to date, we will update that information.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please address any requests to the UFP Team at the contact address set out below.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you are asked to fill in a form on the website or elsewhere (ensure that you do not tick any box which consents to the use of your personal information if you do not want us to use your personal information for those purposes).
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing or emailing email@example.com.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of Sept 25 2019. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time. We advise that you regularly check this page to ensure you are happy with any amendments.
If you have any questions about privacy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please write to us at:
UFP (UK) LTD
Euroway Trading Estate